Centre for Energy Studies
Centre for Energy Studies (CES) is a leading academic and consulting workplace with an expertise in energy policy and economics, regulation, and sustainable development. Our particular expertise is in the sectors of renewable energy sources (RES), EU-Russia energy relations, and modernization of the Russian power sector.
Our main aim is to produce top-quality research and to contribute to the leading academic publications: journals, proceedings, and monographs. The members and associates of CES have published dozens of excellent academic papers in the journals indexed in Scopus and Web of Science.
Check our CES Working Papers series!
Director of Centre for Energy Studies is Professor Evgeny Lisin
Evgeny Lisin is an Full Professor at the International Research University "Moscow Power Engineering Institute". His research interests include energy economics (power economics), economic modelling, mathematical modelling & programming, industrial economics, and macroeconomics. He is a Principal Investigator of several grant projects of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and an author and co-author of several dozen research articles, monographs and policy papers.
Bismarck Arevilca, Assistant Director
Evgeniya Krivokora, Associate Researcher
Cezary Kwiatkowski, Associate Researcher
Grzegorz Mentel, Assistant Director
Mihaela Simionescu, Associate Researcher
Mirel-Daniel Simionescu, Associate Researcher
Wadim Strielkowski, Assistant Director
Anetta Zielińska, Associate Researcher
Maria Volkova, CES Administrator
CES selected representative publications
Strielkowski, W., Sherstobitova, A., Rovny, P., & Evteeva, T. (2021). Increasing Energy Efficiency and Modernization of Energy Systems in Russia: A Review. Energies, 14(11), 3164. doi: 10.3390/en14113164
Čábelková, I., Strielkowski, W., Streimikiene, D., Cavallaro, F., & Streimikis, J. (2021). The social acceptance of nuclear fusion for decision making towards carbon free circular economy: Evidence from Czech Republic. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 163, 120477. doi: 10.1016/j.techfore.2020.120477
Chebotareva, G., Strielkowski, W., & Streimikiene, D. (2020). Risk assessment in renewable energy projects: A case of Russia. Journal of Cleaner Production, 269, 122110. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.122110
Strielkowski, W., Volkova, E., Pushkareva, L., & Streimikiene, D. (2019). Innovative policies for energy efficiency and the use of renewables in households. Energies, 12(7), 1392. doi: 10.3390/en12071392
Newbery, D., Pollitt, M.G., Ritz, R.A., & Strielkowski, W. (2018). Market design for a high-renewables European electricity system. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 91, 695-707. doi: 10.1016/j.rser.2018.04.025
- Strielkowski, W., Bilan, Y., & Štreimikienė, D. (2017). Network charging and residential tariffs: A case of household photovoltaics in the United Kingdom. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 77, 461-473. doi: 10.1016/j.rser.2017.04.029
- Balitskiy, S., Bilan, Y., Strielkowski, W., & Štreimikienė, D. (2016). Energy efficiency and natural gas consumption in the context of economic development in the European Union. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 55, 156-168
- Lisin, E., Sobolev, A., Strielkowski, W., & Garanin, I. (2016). Thermal Efficiency of Cogeneration Units with Multi-Stage Reheating for Russian Municipal Heating Systems. Energies, 9(4), 269
- Streimikiene, D., Strielkowski, W., Bilan, Y., & Mikalauskas, I. (2016). Energy dependency and sustainable regional development in the Baltic States-a review. Geographica Pannonica, 20(2), 79-87
- Lisin, E., Rogalev, A., Strielkowski, W., & Komarov, I. (2015). Sustainable Modernization of the Russian Power Utilities Industry. Sustainability, 7(9), 11378-11400
- Lisin, E., Garanin, I., Strielkowski, W., & Kritkova, S. (2015). Economic and business aspects of Russian energy market: development of combined heat and power technologies. Transformations in Business & Economics, 14(1), 251-267
- Lisin, E., & Strielkowski, W. (2014). Modelling new economic approaches for the wholesale energy markets in Russia and the EU. Transformation in Business & Economics, 13 (2B), 566-580
- Strielkowski, W., Mirvald, M., & Pedersen, M. (2014). Energy Integration in European Power Sector. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy,4(4), 506-515
- Lisin, E., Strielkowski, W., Amelina, A., Konova, O., & Čábelková, I. (2014). Mathematical Approach to Wholesale Power and Capacity Market Regulation. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 8(156), 7765-7773
- Nikiforova, D., Lisin, E., Strielkowski, W., Mirvald, M., & Odintsova, N. (2014). Innovative Potential of Hot Dry Rock Geothermal Technology. Contemporary Engineering Sciences, 7(18), 879-887
- Strielkowski, W., Krška, Š., & Lisin, E. (2013). Energy Economics and Policy of Renewable Energy Sources in the European Union. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 3(4), 333-340
- Zielińska A., (2009). The role of ecological education for protected areas, Ecology Problems, 5(13), 260-261