Director, Centre for Migration Studies, Prague Business School
Research interests: international migration, immigration, energy economics, labour markets and international economics, statistics, econometrics, data collection and analysis
Background: Mihaela Simionescu (Bratu), Doctor in Economics (domain: Cybernetics and Statistics (2013)) and habilitated Doctor in Economics (2016), PhD Supervisor in Economics, scientific researcher 1st degree at the Institute for Economic Forecasting, Associate Researcher at Prague Institute for Qualification Enhancement, Center for Macroeconomic Modelling of Romanian Academy, fellow at Global Labour Organization and Member in the National Council for Attesting Titles, Diplomas and Certificates from Romania, Member in the Scientific Council of the "Costin C. Kiriţescu" National Institute for Economic Research (INCE), Romanian Academy, Bucharest (elected in 2022), and a Member of the committee for RSAI Dissertation Award (2021-2023).
Mihaela is an Associate Professor at University of Bucharest, Faculty of Administration and Business (since 2019) and associate Professor at Bucharest University of Economics, Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics (since 2022), Full Professor and principal Investigator at University of Social Sciences, Lodz (Poland) (2019-2021), Full Professor at Social Innovations Doctoral School from Mykolas Romeris University of Vilnius (Lithuania), teaching lectures of Statistical Analysis and Econometrics for Scientific Research (2016, 2018), Visiting Researcher at Institute for Research on Population and Social Policies in Rome (Italy) (2017, 2018), Visiting Professor at Paneuropean University from Slovakia, Rzeszów University of Technology from Poland, North-Caucasus Federal University from Russia (2016-2019), and a Visiting Researcher at Romanian Academy Iasi Branch- Institute for Economic and Social Research Gherghe Zane (2015).
Memberships in professional organizations: Italian Econometric Association (SIdE- Società Italiana di Econometria), International Regional Science Association (IRSA), European Regional Science Association (ERSA), Romanian Regional Science Association (RRSA), Romanian Society of Econometrics, General Association of Economists from Romania, International Association of Scientific Innovation and Research (IASIR), The Economic Society of Albania, Internet Society, Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administrations, EcoMod Network, International Economics Development Research Centre (IEDRC).
- Prize of the Romanian Academy Nicolae Georgescu-Roegen for 2015 for the book Competitivitate - Competitivitate Regională în Romania (Competitiveness- Regional Competitiveness in Romania) (with co-authors: Elena Pelinescu, Marioara Iordan and Mihaela-Nona Chilian)
- Prize of Competitiveness Initiative in 2018 for academic research in competitiveness with Elena Pelinescu, Marioara Iordan and Mihaela -Nona Chilian
- Prize for excellence in economic research offered by Prague Institute for Qualification Enhancement in 2019 (Czech Republic)
- Prize Young Researchers in Science and Engineering (the second place) in 2021 at the contest organized by the City Hall of Cluj-Napoca in partnership with Prof. Dr. Rada Mihalcea (honorary citizen of Cluj-Napoca since 2014, Professor at University of Michigan)
- Prize The associate professor of 2021 offered by the University of Bucharest UEFISCDI prizes for 14 papers that were published in prestigious WoS journals (2016-2021).